Re: arm-elf-gcc memcpy builtin?

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 09:52:23AM -0600, Joel Sherrill wrote:

> > The next option is to re-write the memcpy function in assembly
> > and tweak every last bit of performance out of it I can.
>
> NetBSD has a good arm memcpy but it has an advertising clause
> and can't be included in newlib.  A good implementation which
> does not include an advertising clause would be welcomed.

After about an hour of messing about in assembly language, I
haven't been able to beat the C-language memcpy that comes with
eCos [which is what I'm using now]. I've only been doing byte
transfers and haven't been checking alignment.

By doing word transfers for aligned copies, I think I can beat
the eCos memcpy (but probably not by much). inlining the
function might help -- haven't tried that.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com