Re: FW: MC68360 RESET INSTRUCTION - OFF TOPIC .... A LITTLE

Buddy Lott wrote:

> I am trying to use the RESET assembly instruction from within an
> Exception handler on a MC68360 and it doesn?t seem to work like I would
> expect.
>
> As a matter of fact it doesn?t seem to work at all.

A very scratchy, vague recollection from my deep 68k days, seems to be telling
me
that the reset instruction causes a state change on one of the pins of the
processor
package, and depending on how the board designer hooked up the circuitry, it
may
actually reset the CPU, do nothing, or turn on the product's blender port for
margarita time!
(all proper products have a blender port)

Also recall some Motorola-fu there, with regards to open-collector outputs, and
dual-purpose
functionality of the *RESET pin itself.

Suggest you read the Mot manuals closely, with regards to the reset
instruction, and the
reset pin(s) of the hardware package. And a schematic for the CPU board would
be handy.

Have fun,
Rick