Problems with new architecture

Hi there.  I'm putting together a new architecture config (the Motorola
m6809) with some config files designed for 2.95.3, and I've managed to get
the thing compiled.

However, with certain sources, I get some errors related to unrecognizable
insns.  For instance, the following:

[james at loki:coco] % make uip.o
gcc09 -I../uip -I../apps/httpd -I. -fno-inline -c -o  uip.o
../uip/uip.c
../uip/uip.c: In function `uip_process':
../uip/uip.c:1023: unrecognizable insn:
(insn 1898 1597 1896 (set (reg:QI 0 d)
        (subreg:QI (mem:HI (plus:HI (reg/f:HI 3 u)
                    (const_int -13 [0xfffffff3])) [0 S2 A8]) 1)) -1 (nil)
    (nil))

The offending line is the terminating } of the function in question.  I
had been having trouble with other source files, but they disappeared when
I turned off optimizations.  With this other, I've tried turning off all
sorts of optimizations, but to no avail.  This includes
-fomit-frame-pointer and -fno-peephole.

Does someone have an idea what compiler feature might be trying to
generate this insn?  If I could figure that out, I might be able to try
the right options, or maybe fix the .md or something.

Are there any tutorials on writing the arch descriptions?  I'm not too
familiar with them, as I said, these files come from elsewhere.  It'd be
helpful when I need to fix the .md. :)  I've already looked at the gcc
internals docs, but they're not too useful for figuring out what needs to
go in there, just what can go in there.

Thanks in advance,
James

Want to unsubscribe? Send a note to crossgcc-unsubscribe at sources dot redhat dot com