Re: arm-elf

HI Yvon,

The problem is that you are trying to define your own startup file while
gcc is trying to link in its own startup file. To get round this try the
-nostartfiles option.

HTH,
Dave

TME wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I can compile, link and run a c program on my AT91R4008 arm7tdmi board. The
> angel monitor takes care
> of the initalization.
> However if I try to use a startup file in assembler I have problems of
> duplicate  _start.
> I did reduce both files to a minimum and still have the same erros.
>
> my C file:
>
> int main()
> {
>     return(0);}
>

> my S file:
>
>  .section .text
>  .global _start
>  .extern _stack
>
> _start:
>  #Initialise stack pointer to new user stack
>
>  .align 2
>  #Setup monitor vectors from A002000 onwards
>  #Basically copy 00-100 to a002000-a002100
>
>  # zero out bss
> _exit:  nop
>  b _exit
>  nop
>
> The error message:
>
> /tmp/ccY94g6E.o: In function `_start':
> /tmp/ccY94g6E.o(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `_start'
>
> I tried different examples downloaded from th eweb with always the same error.
>
> What do I do wrong??????????
>
> Thank you for any help.
>
> Yvon.
>
> ------
> Want more information?  See the CrossGCC FAQ, http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/
> Want to unsubscribe? Send a note to crossgcc-unsubscribe at sources dot redhat dot com

David Mc Kenna
Design Engineer,
MCV Group, Analog Devices BV,
Raheen Business Park, Limerick, Ireland.
Ph: +353 61 494155  Ext. 4155