Gcc for MPC5xx family (MPC555, MPC565)

We are looking at using an MPC5xx chip on a couple of projects in the near
future, and are therefore looking for available tools.  I already use gcc
for a number of micros (avr, msp, m68k), so it is the obvious choice.  In
particular, I use gcc for the 68332, along with a P&E Micro BDM cable and
gdb for debugging.  As far as I can see, the standard gcc source supports
the PowerPC, but does not have a specific MPC5xx target.  Does anyone have
experiance of using gcc with the MPC family, or have any pointers to
websites about it?  Are there patched versions aimed at embedded systems
(such as there are for the 68k, including such useful things as interrupt
routine support)?  Any pointers to get me started would be much appreciated.

David Brown
Norway.

Want to unsubscribe? Send a note to crossgcc-unsubscribe at sources dot redhat dot com