Re: [linux-sh:02851] Re: dodes0c/d

Dan Kegel wrote:
kaz Kojima wrote:

I'd like to announce that a new version of our DODES can be
downloaded.

  http://dodo.nurs.or.jp/~kkojima/junkyard/dodes0c.tar.bz2
  http://dodo.nurs.or.jp/~kkojima/junkyard/dodes0d.tar.bz2

DODES is a tool to fake the binaries for other architectures
to run on the host, based on the remote execution.  ...

The mechanism of DODES is very simple and perhaps a folklore.
It wraps execve() and makes a request of remote execution to
appropriate target machine which mounts the current directory
of the host via NFS.

Yes, that's a very useful technique. Thanks!

It reminds me of the rpc.rexd service of Sun's NFS.

I found an implementation of rpc.rexd at http://www.bitmover.com/bitcluster/ (Thanks, Larry!) Haven't tried it out yet, not sure what the license is, I'm asking Larry now.

I may borrow dodes' execve wrapper and see if I can modify
it to do remote execution via rpc.rexd, just for fun.
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com