backslash

Greetings!

I am having a strange problem with the gcc 2.95.2 sh cross compiler. Whenever it tries to build a file with backslashes (\) it complains about "Invalid token in expression" for every line terminated with the '\'.

I suspected that the problem is with the mount table:

Here is mine..
c:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (textmode)
c:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (textmode)
c:\cygwin on / type system (textmode)
c: on /cygdrive/c type system (textmode)
u: on /cygdrive/u type system (textmode)
d: on /cygdrive/d type user (binmode,noumount)

Everything is in text mode, but it still does not work.

Any ideas??

"Normal people ... believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."