Re: crosscompiler tool chain from i386-linux to powerpc-apple andothers

Dan,

Excellent! Beware, though: I have only run and passed the regression tests
for ppc750 and ppc405. I have not yet tested sparc-linux
(though I do have an old Sparcstation earmarked for the purpose someday).
You will need to *test* your binaries on the target platforms,
I'm afraid.

Yes, I sure will test them. I'll let you know.

The only problem I found was when the crosstool tried to download the source tarbals from ftp.gnu.org. This server seems not to be very responsive lately. So I had to download the tarbal myself from a mirror and restart the whole process for each missing tarbal. Later on I changed the ftp server on the scripts. I had no problems with the other ftp sites at all.

What OS are you building on?  I've heard reports that
red hat 9's wget can't fetch from ftp.gnu.org.
If that's what's going on, does adding
--passive-ftp
to the wget commandline help?

I'm using RedHat 8.