Sincere request !

Dear friend,

This letter may come to you as a surprise due to the fact that we have not yet met, but kindly consider the message, because, I am determined to live for posterity.

I wish to plead with you to join me in not only serving humanity, but to also benefit in the process. This message could be strange but reality will definitely dawn on you, if you pay some attention to its contents. Please accept my sincere apologies in bringing this message to you; I have to say that I do not intend to cause you any personal pains or discomfort.

I am Mr. Jonson Tubman, former Special Assistant to the Liberian President, Mr. Charles Taylor, who just stepped down from the office of the President due to rebel's insurgency who wants to overthrow his government. President Charles Taylor, in his bid to fend-off rebel insurgency, and since he could no longer trust the army generals, confidentially put in my care, the sum of $18,000,000.00 (eighteen million United States dollars) in one instance for the purpose of purchasing arms and ammunitions should the need arise. However, unfortunately, the need did not arise as he has gone on exile. I deposited the US$18 million in a trunk box in a secret location and just the two of us knew about it, and I could not get in touch with any arms dealer before the President was indicted in a war crime tribunal set up by the United Nations (UN). I have since held on to this trunk box, which I was able to transport out of Liberia with the aid of peace keeping soldiers under the guise of conveying my personal effects without anybody knowing, to a security deposit company.

I am presently in Africa, where I now work as a consultant on inter-regional co-operation. I have borne the burden for too long. I do not want to keep the funds any longer, but I can never turn it over to the brutal and tyrannical rogue regime of Mr. Charles Taylor who is still committing all sorts of atrocities on the Liberian people. I am NOT soliciting for your help to wage a war against the regime, but to act as a foreign partner, to allow me transfer the funds to you, which you will in turn donate a portion of it as a humanitarian gesture to the Liberian people by purchasing such essential needs like blankets, milk and so on, water-pumping machines and agricultural equipment, from the money after deducting your expenses and the commission of 20%.

Please note that I could have approached the Red Cross Society, but I changed my mind on that after calculating what they would deduct as commission, and also, after rationalizing the scandal that followed their mismanagement of the donations meant for the victims of the September 11th attack on the United States.

Also, note that this offer will give you a double-edged advantage:
1. As the benefactor of the Liberian people and;
2. The commission you stand to earn.

On getting a positive response from you, I will send to you the secret access codes to the funds and the security and vault company. Please note that confidentiality and honesty are fundamental rules in this transaction. Be assured that I am a reputable personality in this country and I am mindful of the legal implications of this transaction, as I intend taking care of all the legal documentations for a successful and hitch-free transaction. You will be expected to take delivery of this fund personally from the deposit company in Europe.

I am therefore soliciting your assistance to have this money collected by you and/or facilitate the transfer into your nominated account(s). ***PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR CONFIDENTIALITY IN THIS TRANSACTION IS HIGHLY REQUIRED. I will give you the details of this transaction on receipt of your response to this proposal. Thank you very much for your time and understanding.

Yours sincerely,

Mr. Jonson Tubman