Segmentation fault

Hello all,

Many thanks for those who replied to my request when I was looking for a
cross-compiler for my StrongARM S1100 platform.

I downloaded and installed a StrongARM-elf cross-compiler running under
cygwin. I installed it as described in the attached documentation. My
programs seem to compile without problem but when I download and launch the
produced executables on the target platform, the only message I get is
"Segmentation fault".

Can it be due to the fact that, although the software embedded on the
platform seem to be regular ELF object code, the platform is driven by a
Linux operating system?

Can it come from the fact that a native GCC compiler is also installed on my
PC?

Should I use an arm-linux cross-compiler rather than this arm-elf one?

Also, it is possible to find a cross-compiler which is able to link my code
with the shared libraries embedded on my platform, (.so files), rather than
with static libraries?

Many thanks in advance. Have a nice day. Chris