m68k assembler labels and comment syntax

And now for my actual attempt to build the code (yup, got the toolchain up-and-running now - I even built an RPM for it, although someone told be just before it was finished that RPMs exist already.)

Just as I expected, I get a lot of error messages of the form

Warning: rest of line ignored; first ignored character is ` '

and

Error: Unknown operator -- statement `os9mod  equ $1000
start of os9 module in TSVME430' ignored

The problem appears to be that the code has now separator for comments following the statements or to terminate labels. Many 68000 assemblers accept this; they also allow whitespace as a separator character, but the GNU assembler does not - at least not by default. Is there a way around this, other than rewriting the code?
--
- Toralf