Re: FAQ: how to build a statically-linked gcc?

Hi Ronald;

  I tried "--disable-shared" and I also tried "--enable-static" as options to
gcc (3.3) configure and running ldd on the resultant gcc executeable showed
it was using local libraries, while inserting "-static" on the LD line in the
generated Makefile resulted in ldd not being able to find any external
linkages.  My newbie opinion is that configure is broken.

Ken Wolcott