Re: ncurses replacing ptx issues

gdb just expects termcap / ncurses to be available in
"the usual place", i.e. it expects linking with -lncurses to work;
this usually means the .so files end up in the target/lib directory.
Also, the ncurses library has hardcoded into it the location
at which the termcap files need to be at runtime.

If that doesn't answer the question, then procede to
understanding and debugging the gdb configure script as I described earlier.

By the way, I hope that core dump you're trying to read wasn't
from a multithreaded program.  Last I checked, multithreaded
core dumps still didn't work in Linux.
- Dan

Wolcott, Ken (MED, Compuware) wrote:
Hi Dan;

Thank you. I'll report my progress. Where does gdb expect termcap to be?

Ken