Re: --program-prefix with arm-elf

David Haworth <david.haworth@3soft.de> wrote:

> I recently compiled an arm-elf compiler (gcc 3.3) with
> --target=arm-elf --program-prefix=arm-
>
> But the resulting install still called the programs (e.g.)
> arm-elf-gcc.

 A RTFM again, related to '--program-prefix=', '--program-suffix='
and '--program-transform-name=' the GCC manual tells :

"As currently implemented, these options only take effect for native
builds; cross compiler binaries' names are not transformed even
when a transformation is explicitly asked for by one of these options."

> What did I do wrong? I can easily remane the executables,
> but that's not a very elegant solution.

 When you 'compiled' your GCC binaries, you forgot to 'compile' your
GCC manuals as HTML, PDF, PS (or something you do like) docs...

Cheers, Kai