no --with-sysroot in binutil? Re: --with-sysroot not in gcc-3.3.x?

Hi Dan;

  But if binutils configure siliently refuses to support --with-sysroot, then
it won't write anything to the path provided by --with-sysroot and the final
gcc compile has nothing to read from in .../usr/include and therefore it
doesn't do anything.  My arm9 toolchain is still has the --prefix paths in it
rather than the --with-sysroot paths in it.  My developer wants the paths to
be /general/tools/gnu/arm9/gcc-3.2.1/usr/bin (and respective for lib) rather
than the directory structure crosstool generates.  I was hoping
--with-sysroot would solve this problem.  I'm hoping I don't have to mess
with the spec file.  It looks like we are lucky in the fact that gcc and
friends are all named arm-arm9-linux-gnu-* and we will only have one version
of gcc at a time, then when gcc looks around for companion programs it
doesn't find the i686 ones...it looks like it doesn't matter whether it is
statically linked or not any more either since they are heavily using -I and
-B in the make...

Thanks,
Ken