Subject: Re:   problem while building arm vfp softfloat gcc
Date: 8 Feb 2004 10:37:10 +0800
From: add <addsub@eyou.com>
To: dank@kegel.com

Because I have a built montavista toolchain, which is patched by nico.pitre 's
vfp patch, and I'm comparing the asm generated by mine toolchain and
montavista's. Then I found the only difference is the r2 and r3 sequence in
param passing. the binary generated by montavista can run well in my
environment, but mine should first be modified by these two line.
I think it has nothing to do with libgcc_s.so:) maybe I will test it for sure
on Monday.
ptxdist mailinglist seems down...
Thanks alot, hoping nico can send out a response.
add wrote:
I'm not sure whether these code are right, because the foo testcase
doesn't
generate a output for me to judge.

That's easy to fix. Just do various operations that use float, and assert() that the result is as expected.

no, I don't think it's related to glibc compile, because my printf test
case
reveal there is something wrong in gcc float param passing.
In my testcase, I used glibc compiled by crosstool-0.27, and staticlly
linked
it.my kernel is linux-2.4.21-rmk1-pxa1.

But did you install the libgcc_s.so generated by crosstool?

IMHO you may have to create a chroot environment to actually test
this; simply compiling a static executable might not be enough.

I will not only report his bug, I want to help you fix this, so I began
digging into this, but only this finding by far.I don't understand gcc
well.
Before anything I can do, I need somebody to tell me which line in gcc
source
tree generate the two asm lines.

That's a tough one, isn't it?

maybe nico,pitre knows this? but I think he is to busy to do this :)

Indeed.

and I cannot subscribe to Robert's pxt mailing list, so I don't know how he
is
thinking about this...

Why can't you subscribe? Or email him directly, if it comes to that? - Dan

--http://www.eyou.com --Îȶ¨¿É¿¿µÄµç×ÓÐÅÏä ÓïÒôÓʼþ Òƶ¯ÊéÇ© ÈÕÀú·þÎñ ÍøÂç´æ´¢...ÒÚÓÊδ¾¡

--http://vip.eyou.com
--¿ì¿ìµÇ¼ÒÚÓÊVIPÐÅÏä  ×¢²áÄúÖÐÒâµÄÓû§Ãû