Binary files differ

Hi,

I have two files (eCos libs) that i have built one after the other with
the exact same source. I then issue a powerpc-eabi-objcopy --strip-all
on the files and compare them with a hex editor. The strange thing is
that i get a lot of differences in the files. However, the differences
are at the exact same place in the files and they are some kind of
rolling number. In one file i have "36 36"hex and in the other file at
the same place i have "38 34"hex. This kind of differences occurs on at
least 100 places on the file. When i scroll down along the differences
then they increase with one number at the time so the first file goes
from "36 36" to "36 37". The same thing happens with the second file
which goes from "38 34" to "38 35".

Any ideas what this is? Why cant i build the exact same binary twice?

Regards, Daniel Lidsten