Re:   problem while building arm vfp softfloat gcc `

Yes, I made this according to Nico's hint, I tried to grep every place of
FLOAT or WORD_ORDER etc. to remove sysdeps/arm/ieee754.h because I think it
hasn't consider the every possibility of orders. You may vimdiff
sysdeps/arm/ieee754.h sysdeps/ieee754/ieee754.h, then you will find out the
differences. Of course, I think directly cp sysdeps/ieee754/ieee754.h to
sysdeps/arm/ieee754.h will be OK.
  This patch certainly can be included in glibc mainline, but I think it need
more test before that. Maybe there are something I haven't noticed and left
unchanged that should judge __FLOAT_WORD_ORDER etc for VFP.

>Nicolas Pitre wrote:
>> On 10 Feb 2004, add wrote:
>>
>>>I have already tried this on my platform, it still print out 0.000000
>>>so it seems like a problem of glibc.
>>>I swapped the register according to montavista's iwmmxt_le-gcc produced
asm
>>>code. Are you sure that code is correct? if so, then that means
montavista's
>>>toolchain is not compatible with others, although it uses the same vfp
>>>softfloat patch.
>>
>> *** Beware ***
>>
>> MV's iwmmxt_le toolchain is using VFP word ordering.  My soft-float patch
is
>> also using VFP word ordering by default.
>>
>> *** However ***
>>
>> Libraries like glibc need to be aware of it too, since they play with doubl

>> float values directly.  See for example this patch I produced for uClibc:
>
>Attached is a patch from addsub@eyou.com that he says patches glibc and
>makes printf("%f", 1.0) work again.   I haven't tested it, just wanted
>to give Nico a chance to have a look at it.  Not sure if addsub wrote
>this himself or whether it's suitable for glibc mainline (I've asked him).
>- Dan
>

>--
>US citizens: if you're considering voting for Bush, look at these first:
>http://www.misleader.org/
>http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/arar/
>http://www.house.gov/reform/min/politicsandscience/
>------
>Want more information?  See the CrossGCC FAQ,
http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/

--http://www.eyou.com
--Îȶ¨¿É¿¿µÄµç×ÓÐÅÏä  ÓïÒôÓʼþ  Òƶ¯ÊéÇ©  ÈÕÀú·þÎñ  ÍøÂç´æ´¢...ÒÚÓÊδ¾¡

--http://vip.eyou.com
--¿ì¿ìµÇ¼ÒÚÓÊVIPÐÅÏä  ×¢²áÄúÖÐÒâµÄÓû§Ãû