Re: CrossGCC FAQ build method not working

Seb James wrote:
Planning to use newlib. Since I posted my messages yesterday, I
successfully built gcc (I was missing links to ld-linux.so.2 and
libpthread.so).
> [interlude in sunny garden snipped]

Ok, when I try to configure newlib, it says "this configuration is not supported in the following subdirectories...". ...

[and when I run make,] Nothing gets built!: ...

Wonder what's up....

Dunno. I've never built newlib, myself. However, maybe the following build-it-all script contributed by a crosstool user will provide some food for thought:

http://kegel.com/crosstool/current/contrib/newlib/crosstool-newlib.sh

Another user reported he had to add --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld
to every configure line in that script, not sure why.

Good luck!
- Dan

-- My technical stuff: http://kegel.com My politics: see http://www.misleader.org for examples of why I'm for regime change