Re: Cross compler for ppc succeeds on Linux, fails on Cygwin

Don Parsons wrote:
Yes I am running cygwin-1.5.9-1 on Win2000 and do not have the cygwin
snapshot. I will try the snapshot maybe tomorrow night.

OK. Yes, you need that to get around a later problem, perhaps it will help what you ran into, too.

Thanks.  Can you explain what you needed the option
  --enable-threads=posix

Only because it seems that gcc -v on most/all linux distributions show this, maybe it is automatic even if you don't ask for it---need to test that. I.e., I don't know, I assumed it was the normal choice.

Ah. It's detected automatically. Do not set it manually unless you really have to (and you shouldn't have to).

I try to find time to extract the C test program and see if it crashes,
if the latest cygwin snapshot fails to fix it.

Good. BTW it looks like the *shell script* is what crashed, not the test program. Thus your test case should not be just the C program, but rather the configure script portion that creates and compiles the test program, I think. - Dan

--
My technical stuff: http://kegel.com