Re: x86_64 with m32 support

Doug Reiland wrote:
Is is possible to build a cross toolchain for x86_64 that handles the -m32 option?

Of course. I just don't happen to have a script handy to do it.

Buzzwords: biarch, --enable-multilib.
Essentially, you just need to compile libraries twice,
once in 32 bit mode, once in 64 bit mode.
Sounds easy, but I'm sure it's tricky to get right.

The Debian and Gentoo folks have surely done this.  In fact,
every distribution that supports x86_64
(and all the other 64/32 bit chips like powerpc64, sparc64, and maybe mips64)
has solved this somehow.

You might check out how they did it and report back :-)
- Dan