Re: Problems with crossgcc and AMD Au1550

Dan (et al.);

Using crosstool-0.28-rc24, and the already patched 2.4.25 kernel from
AMD (Which does cross compile using crosstool-0.27 and runs on the H/W):

au1550_mipsel.dat:
KERNELCONFIG=`pwd`/au1550.config
TARGET=mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu
TARGET_CFLAGS="-O2 -finline-limit=10000"
GLIBC_EXTRA_CONFIG="--without-fp --with-cpu=mips32"

gcc-3.3.2-glibc-2.3.2.dat:
BINUTILS_DIR=binutils-2.15
GCC_DIR=gcc-3.3.2
GLIBC_DIR=glibc-2.3.2
LINUX_DIR=linux-2.4.25
GLIBCTHREADS_FILENAME=glibc-linuxthreads-2.3.2

I get the same errors as in my earlier post.

When specifying the -mips32 in the Makefile, I get a different set of
errors:

/tmp/ccnRj7Gb.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccnRj7Gb.s:7492: Error: Cannot branch to symbol in another section.
/tmp/ccnRj7Gb.s:7553: Error: Cannot branch to symbol in another section.
/tmp/ccnRj7Gb.s:8025: Error: Cannot branch to symbol in another section.
..
.

It sort of makes sense that I'm getting the "not supported on this processor"
because my mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc seems to not be using the mips32
by default (even though I specified this above).

The "ll" and "sc" instructions are in the mips2 ISA, NOT in mips1.
But my question is this: Why is the compiler generating bad code?

Smelling more like a gcc problem.

Ideas?

Thanks again,

-=chris

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 02:11:04PM -0700, Daniel Kegel wrote:

> How did you configure crosstool?  Did you tell it about your
> particular CPU type?
>
> Also, if possible, could you use crosstool-0.28-rc24 in future tests?
> - Dan
>
> ------
> Want more information?  See the CrossGCC FAQ, http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/

                  Chris Jones | Software Developer | Sutus, Inc.
                 t: +1.604.987.8866 x 2204 | e: cjones@sutus.com