Re: Problems with crossgcc and AMD Au1550

Dan, Kai etc.

I've debugged it down to NOT a crosstool problem. Crosstool
seems to work fine. The problem is that there seems to be a
problem in the kernel.

I'm trying to compile the zaptel driver for asterisk, and
it includes <asm/uaccess.h> which in my case is really
<asm-mips/uaccess.h>.

The function calls in question are:

get_user(j,(int *)data);
and
put_user(chan->blocksize,(int *)data);

These translate to more or less direct assembly. (Hooray!)

The offending lines are:

uaccess:245  and
uaccess:336 respectively.

A JUMP instruction:

   j    2b

This is what the compiler/assembler is complaining about:

/tmp/ccGn3TTn.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccGn3TTn.s:7766: Error: Cannot branch to symbol in another section.
/tmp/ccGn3TTn.s:7817: Error: Cannot branch to symbol in another section.

Not really knowing heads or tails of kernel modules, I have to either
try and figure out:

1) What's going on in this driver.
2) Why isn't hardcoded kernel assembly not properly compiling.

Thanks very much Dan, Kai, et al. For your help in trying so hard to get
this resolved. If you have any ideas who I should take this up with, let
me know. (I hate pointing fingers).

Thanks again you guys.

Cheers,

   -=chris

--
                  Chris Jones | Software Developer | Sutus, Inc.
                 t: +1.604.987.8866 x 2204 | e: cjones@sutus.com