Re: How to build a uclibc toolchain with crosstool

Alain Perry wrote:
3. Download and compile glib-1.2.10 (required for NoCatSplash, which I am
trying to build) specifying the uClibc library and with the MIPS-enabled gcc

That step I have been trying to do since I received your mail, but it looks like cross-compiling glib-1.2 is a real pain in the ass. If anybody on the list has any experience doing that, I'd be happy to hear about it.

Yeah, I went through some of the pain of getting that to work once, see http://www.kegel.com/xgcc3/orbit.html for what I and Dimi came up with. (See also http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2002-March/msg00048.html http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2002-December/msg00057.html)

A few other notes:

http://www.cartel-securite.fr/pbiondi/zaurus/crosscompile.html
suggests you can just configure it on an x86, then build it for
another little-endian linux target...

http://www.videolan.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/vlc/doc/arm-crosscompile-howto.sgml?rev=1.6
suggests that setting CONFIG_SITE to a path to the file
http://innominate.org/kurth/ipaq/cross/ipaq-config.site
sets default values that suppress a lot of the tests that
fail when cross-building

- Dan