Re: floating point operations in gcc 3.3.3, glibc 2.3.2

Ollie Wild wrote:
We've found the problem. Turns out our build script was to blame, not the patches. We were executing a loop like:

for cpu in sh4 i686 powerpc-405 powerpc-750; do
cd $TOP_DIR

           # Load definitions for current CPU into environment and build
           eval `cat $cpu.dat ../$TOOLCOMBO.dat` buildit
   done

Interestingly, this behaves differently if executed with /bin/sh instead of /bin/bash. In the former case, any variables set by $cpu.dat are preserved between iterations. In the latter case, they are only valid for a single execution of buildit.
We were all executing the script with "sh ./doit.sh", which was causing the ppc750 build to give weird floating point results *only* if it was built after sh4 and powerpc-405.

Aha! OK, that explains a lot. Maybe I'll include a note in the doc about this.

- Dan