Re: cant get autoconf/automake to crosscompile

Robert Staven wrote:
I cant get my ./configure to use the arm-linux-gcc (and so on), it keeps using the gcc whatever I try to do.

Traditionally, one does this in one of two ways:
a) ./configure --target arm-linux
  (which causes CC to default to arm-linux-gcc, I think)
b) CC=arm-linux-gcc ./configure
  (which sets CC directly)

This I do/have tried, but it still picks the gcc and not the arm-linux-gcc.

the intent is to make things portable, so the builder can always
pick a different CC or target.

Thats my intention, or at least I will run on both Linux PC and embedded Linux.

I understand that './configure --host arm-linux' should do the trick, but I cant get this to work on any other things than the example following the development kit. But the configure file is 144kb so I dont feel like going thru that file.

Which version of autoconf are you using, by the way? RH7.2 probably came with an icky old version. You might consider reposting your question on the autoconf list, too. - Dan

--
My technical stuff: http://kegel.com