Re: Where does crosstool get its "kernel" includes?

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004, Dan Kegel wrote:

Alex Bennee wrote:
I've been fixing up our build scripts to play nicely with various
cross-compile tool chains. I keep running into compile failures with the
low level tools (sg3_utils and usbutils so far).

Not totally unexpected.

I have heard that it's important to build glibc with the
real kernel headers like I'm doing (not sure it's true),
but that you can then use sanitized headers for everything else.
I myself use sanitized headers from
http://ep09.pld-linux.org/~mmazur/linux-libc-headers/
to build a couple low-level packages.

@Dan,Alex: Why are you using sanitized headers anyway, other than that it is probably ideologically nicer, smaller, etc. towards the apps? I'm only using regular headers and never ran into serious problems.

Regards,
Marius

--
Marius Groeger <mgroeger@sysgo.com>
SYSGO AG                      Embedded and Real-Time Software