Re: Cross-compiling toolchain default location choice

On 2004-10-02 at 08:19:45 Dan Kegel wrote:

> That's it.  I'm giving up on 2.4; it's too fragmented.

Well, it seems that in 2.4, Linus never accepted the ARM patches from
Russell King and/or Vincent Sanders into the mainstream kernel.  (I'm
not sure of the reasons for that.)  This is why it has always been a
separate patch, or fork, if you like that term better. :)  Note that
this is the case for many kernel sub-components, such as PCMCIA
support, ISDN support, etc etc.

> I suspect 2.6 is a bit more unified.  If not, well, it's not in
> deep freeze mode like 2.4 is, and the forkettes can be fixed.

In 2.6, the ARM part is integrated into the mainstream kernel since
alsmost the beginning, so it should give no problems with crosstool.