Re: Canadian Crosscompile: cc1: error: unrecognized option `-Wold-styl e-definition'

Alexander Povolotsky wrote:
cc1: error: unrecognized option `-Wold-style-definition'
cc1: error: unrecognized option `-fno-unit-at-a-time'
Or are you particularly devoted to your existing compiler?

My existing "cygwin to ppc linux cross-compiler" is proven to produce working runnable on my PQ2FADS-VR code, particularly:

1)U-boot 2)Linux 2.6.8-rc4 MPC82xxx kernel
3)Lmbench

I would much prefer to build the board "native" compiler using the same proven cross-compiler ...

Additionally, I think it would enhance the "crosstool" if it would be able to handle such cases of Canadian Crosscompile (building the "latest" version of "native" gnu compiler using existing "older version" of "build" gnu cross-compiler).

I feel that I need to explain, why I need to produce the "native" compiler on the embedded board (which sound odd ... ).
My "end ;-)" goal "now" is to build and run (on the board) the "Cerberus Test Control System", which uses perl (which, as I have already found, is difficult to crosscompile - so I would like to build it "natively"). At last (but not the least), the "Cerberus Test Control System" itself directly employs native compiling as a way of "test load" the processor ...

Dan - where, in your opinion, I should seek help on resolving my current issue ?

Here. The easiest way is probably to write a little shell script wrapper around your existing compiler that simply discards the options it can't handle, then invokes the existing compiler. Should be easy! e.g.

#!/bin/sh
for arg; do
    case $arg in
    -Wold-style-definition) ;;