Re: Canadian Crosscompile: cc1: error: unrecognized option `-Wold-styl e-definition'

To what compiler names the wrapper should be applied to(out of 3 identical copies I have):

/usr/local/bin/powerpc-linux-gcc.exe
/usr/local/bin/powerpc-linux-gcc-3.3.2
/usr/local/bin/powerpc-860-linux-gnu-gcc

I presume I should leave the first one (.exe) not to be wrapped - that is the one, where the wrapper should end-up going to - correct ?
- should I wrap both two others or just one (which ?).

PS Never did much shell scripting, left alone wrappers for compilers ...  ;-)

Thanks,
Alex

Dan Kegel wrote:
Alexander Povolotsky wrote:
>>> cc1: error: unrecognized option `-Wold-style-definition'
>>> cc1: error: unrecognized option `-fno-unit-at-a-time'

The easiest way is probably to write a little shell
script wrapper around your existing compiler that simply
discards the options it can't handle, then invokes the
existing compiler.  Should be easy!  e.g.

#!/bin/sh
for arg; do
     case $arg in
     -Wold-style-definition) ;;