Re: possible error for cross-gcc-2.3.5-glibc-2.3.2?

Lennert Buytenhek wrote:
If you're on little-endian, that's probably true.  There are not
many folks using big-endian ARM, so things there are still kind-of
broken.

For example, this afternoon I was wondering why ntpd was constantly
adjusting my clock in the wrong direction, and then found this
(on big-endian.)  So you see that at least one really obvious bug
in kernel fp emulation went undetected for a couple of years.
Actually, before a patch went into 2.6.9-rc2 to fix fp byte order,
hardfloat on big-endian didn't work at all.

Hey, I wonder if that means a few basic floating point tests belong in the LTP. Lennert, could you check to see if the LTP as it stands now would have detected that problem? If not, maybe you could submit a couple test cases to them! - Dan

--
Know a student in Los Angeles who wants a job doing C++ on Linux?  Send him/her to http://kegel.com/academy