Re: FW: NPTL support on PPC32 (MPC5200) ?

The attached script (wrapper/setup to crosstool.sh) gets me
a toolchain sufficient to build the default-config ppc kernel
(2.6.8.1, NPTL, gcc-3.4.2, glibc-2.3.3).

It tweaks the patch Dan references below for a ppc-ism,
then adds a patch (thanks Google!) to mask an issue that
gcc-3.4.2 has with inline functions calling setjmp() ( see
http://mirrors.mathematik.uni-bielefeld.de/pub/linux/suse/ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/powerpc/ftp.linuxppc64.org/pub/people/janis/old/README.20040130
)

The toolchain build fails near the end while linking
build-glibc/elf/sln with undefined references to
`_Unwind_Resume' and `__gcc_personality_v0' (which Google
hints is/was a popular problem, but I don't have time to
track it down).  In any case, 'sln' isn't needed for kernel
building, so it's good enough for me for now.

...jfree
========