Re: Repost: since when is gcc-2.96 insufficient to build gcc?

David Wuertele wrote:
Dimitry> It seems to me that you're trying to build glibc 2.3.2 here
Dimitry> with your system's (i.e i386) gcc.  That is probably not what
Dimitry> you want, you should first compile a first-stage
Dimitry> mipsel-abcd-linux-gnu-gcc 3.3.3, and use THAT to build glibc.

It looks like crosstool runs glibc's configure before it builds the
first stage gcc.

Dimitry> Normally crosstool arranges this for you, but I can't see
Dimitry> what goes wrong, because there's no full build log.

I've placed the full log at http://www.wuertele.com/build.log.bz2

Oh, that. OK, you can try patching glibc's setup to skip that check if you like. It's not hard. Drop the resulting patch into patches/glibc-2.3.2. - Dan