Error in building gcc-2.95.3-glibc-2.2.4 for ARM by crosstool-0.27

Hello all,

I am trying to use crosstool-0.27 for arm target, although I followed the FAQ and went through all script,
but the building still stopped in second step: build gcc-core.

Here is error information while building libgcc2.c:

In file included from gthr-default.h:1,
	from /home/honggang/gcc-2.95.3/gcc/gthr.h:98
	from /home/honggang/gcc-2.95.3/gcc/libgcc2.c:3034:
/home/honggang/gcc-2.95.3/gcc/gthr-posix.h:37: pthread.h: No such file or directory.

I didn't crosstool-0.27's download/unpack feature since we are behind of Proxy, I download all tar ball and unpacked in SRC_DIR. Only change to the script is that
GCC configure can not recognize --enable-threads=no option, I changed it to --disable-threads.

I also searched this mailing-list archive and happy to found several threads with same problem, but the proposed solution doesn't work for me.

Now it seems there is no way to get help except to post this question here, I am a newbie here and just transferred from tradition RTOS in which I worked for many years,
new area, new problems, totally different with the familiar world that all document are ready, not worry about building tools by our own. But embedded Linux expands fast in our field, I'd like to face the challenge and looking forward to your kindly help.

BestRegards
Honggang XU
Staff Engineer
STMicroelectronics