double (longlong) problems on ARM

Hello:

I have a gcc-3.3.2 based toolchain that I constructed with the aid of
Dan Kegel's crosstool-0.27.  It all works very well but I have one huge
problem I cannot figure out.

My crossgcc is generating code so that the longlongs (and doubles) have
the constituent 4-byte words BACKWARDS from what is expected on the
target (a netwinder).

How do I configure the compiler/binutils build so that the 4-byte words
for longs/doubles are REVERSED from what they are now.  I have
debugged/prognosticated the situation enough to know that if I could do
this, I'd have what the netwinder is expecting to see.

Please advise!
TIA,
craig vanderborgh
voxware incorporated