Sigsegv of program compiled with profiling flags

Hi,
my name is Wolfram. I am trying to collect profiling information for a program
running on a ARM925Tid.

I have created a tool chain from

binutils-2.15
gcc-3.4.3
glibc-2.3.3
linux-2.6.8
glibc-linuxthreads-2.3.3

using crosstool-28-rc37 with arm-softfloat.dat.

I used the patches for gcc-3.4.2 because it did not compile without them.

I compiled a short test program to test if profiling works (see sources at the
end of the mail). It compiles well and runs but gets a SIGSEGV.

shell> arm-softfloat-linux-gnu-gcc -Wall -pg -o gprof gprof.c

 - It does not get a SIGSEGV without the "-pg" switch.
 - It does not get a SIGSEGV if linked statically.
 - I tried to minimize the code of the program, that's the smallest version I
   found to reproduce the bug.
 - I am not sure if the problem is similar to this posting
   http://sources.redhat.com/ml/crossgcc/2004-07/msg00041.html

GDB says:

---
Starting program: /home/gprof
Hello World, 3x

0x400fdb0c in mcount_internal () from /lib/libc.so.6
---

Since the program runs well when statically linked I am unsure if this a GCC
problem or a GLIBC problem.

Does anybody has an idea how I could proceed?

I tried to get a glibc with debug info with --enable-debug but did not suceed.

I would like to put the bug in a bug data base but how can I decide if it's a
GCC or GLIBC bug?

Thanks for any help or idea.

Wolfram

---