Script for NPTL enabled cross-compiler targetting PowerPC

I've managed to cobble together a script that'll build me a
cross-compiler from x86 Linux to PowerPC Linux. I've tested simple
pthreads test apps on an MPC5200 target, by copying my new libs and an
app over the top of a MontaVista 3.1 root fs (yes, surprisingly, this
does just about work enough for a quick and dirty test!)

Last time I tried this with crosstool, I got problems I couldn't solve,
but the information on the new websites I found got me going. Perhaps
this is just due to my trying a different combination of gcc/glibc
versions - who knows! I haven't yet had time to look at crosstool, and
its NPTL patch, and see what the differences are yet.

Anyway, I thought I'd share it in case somebody found it useful. I'm
guessing the technique will work for other targets too. Information
sources are mentioned in the attached .txt file.

--
Stephen Warren, Software Engineer, NVIDIA, Fort Collins, CO
swarren@nvidia.com        http://www.nvidia.com/