Re: crosstool status

one more suggestion (as if you needed any more).  from the recent
traffic on this list, it seems that there are still some known bugs in
crosstool, which is to be expected, no problem with that. if that's
the case, though, i would make the argument that what is warranted is
yet another *release candidate*.  0.28-rc40, anyone? :-)
Please, no, not _another_ -rc.
I don't mind...

philosophically (at least in my experience), putting a regular version
number on something (0.29? 1.0?) means that it has passed at least
some level of Q/A testing, it appears to perform nominally and there
are no obvious flaws or show-stoppers in the code that is *already
there*.
The current version does work well in many cases.  That there are
some issues left is IMHO no reason not to make a regular release.
(That'd mean you can't make a release as long as bug_count > 0, which
might very well never be the case :)
Exactly! Especially because Dan is so nice to support each and every bleeding edge snapshots of all the different configuration parameters - glibc, binutil, gcc, etc.
So I guess, there will never be a CT release that doesn't contain build errors - unless we will settle with less than today...

So, the releases in the CT-framework can be CVS snapshots tagged with a date or as a version 0.29.X and a table with what configurations build and what doesn't.

My 2¢...

// Martin