Re: Linker Error: Problem of binutils?

Annedore Rößling wrote:
 I work on a project with brickos-0.2.6.10.6. Therfore I compile with a gcc 3.4.2 crosscompiler and binutils 2.15. for a hitachi h8300 microprocessor.
When I try to make an executable I sometimes get the linker error:

"cannot handle R_MEM_INDIRECT reloc when using symbolsrec output"

What can be the reason for that? Is it possible, that the binutils cause this problem?

See http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2002-12/msg00436.html and followups.

How are you running the linker?  Are you asking it to produce
some uncommon output format?
Try linking to coff format, and then using objcopy to
change the result to the format you really want.
- Dan