Re: CT 0.29 - stuck compiling gcc 4.0 glibc 2.2.5 ppc405: execvp: /bin/sh: Resource temporarily unavailable

On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 07:29:02AM -0800, Dan Kegel wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>5) cygwin already bypasses windows command line mechanism.  You just have
>>   to tell it to assume that the executables in /bin (or wherever) are
>>   100% pure cygwin executables.  See "man mount".
>>
>>   mount -f -X c:\cygwin\bin /bin
>>   mount -f -X c:\cygwin\bin /usr/bin
>>   mount -f -x c:\cygwin\bin\strace.exe /bin/strace.exe       # buit with
>>   -mno-cygwin
>>   mount -f -x c:\cygwin\bin\strace.exe /usr/bin/strace.exe   # buit with
>>   -mno-cygwin
>>   mount -f -x c:\cygwin\bin\strace.exe /bin/cygcheck.exe     # buit with
>>   -mno-cygwin
>>   mount -f -x c:\cygwin\bin\strace.exe /usr/bin/cygcheck.exe # buit with
>>   -mno-cygwin
>>
>>   This will bypass the 32K limitation in windows for command line and
>>   similar
>>   limitations for environment variables.
>
>Now that's worth putting in the crosstool faq.  Thanks!

FWIW, we're contemplating putting automatic cygwin binary detection into
the cygwin DLL.  We've been reluctant to do this in the past because it
involves opening the .exe file and poking around in the headers looking
to see if cygwin1.dll would be loaded, so we thought that there would be
YA speed tradeoff.  However, given the number of these types of
complaints that we see (I just got bit by this yesterday myself) we're
rethinking whether it would be a good idea to turn this on by default.

cgf