Re: CT 0.29 - stuck compiling gcc 4.0 glibc 2.2.5 ppc405: execvp: /bin/sh: Resource temporarily unavailable

Having scanned the man-page I'm still a bit confused abouts it's doing. It's seems like I have to indicate each and every directory containing binaries in question explicitly.
Yes, of course. As opposed to... what? Wildcards?
I thought at first that it would affect entire subtrees, like mount
usually does.
It does affect entire subtrees.  I wouldn't think that you'd want every
file in an entire subtree to be considered to be a cygwin executable
though.  YMMV.
This should probably read "does _not_ affect" - right?! Otherwise, I
cannot make the next sentence make sense...

Well, if all it affects is how commandlines are passed etc., I probably do.
Can you sanity-check the mounts I plan to use?
Assuming it's run from the cygwin bash prompt, I'd type
  mount -f -X 'c:\DATA\crosstool-0.29' '/cygdrive/c/DATA/crosstool-0.29'
  mount -f -X 'c:\DATA\opt\crosstool' '/cygdrive/c/DATA/opt/crosstool'
to mark both the build tree and the install tree as containing
pure Cygwin executables (and lots of data files and directories).
I expect that, for example, all of
   /cygdrive/c/DATA/opt/crosstool/blah/bin/foo
   /cygdrive/c/DATA/opt/crosstool/blah/sbin/bar
   /cygdrive/c/DATA/crosstool-0.29/build/blah/bin/bletch
would then accept unlimited length (well, at least much longer)
commandlines when invoked by a cygwin process.
Right?
I would guess no, then... I would guess you need indicating the "bin/", "sbin/", etc. directories explicitly...

I'll try some of them tomorrow...

// Martin