Re: problem with compiling for sh3eb

Arno Schuring wrote:
I'll try to conjure up something. Will take a few days for me to find time, though. The crosstool.sh modifications won't take too much time (I hope), it's the other scripts (in particular, getandpatch.sh) that I have never even looked at, that will take most time.

Dan, do you have a preference/suggestion for the sanitized-headers variable? I'm thinking of LINUX_HEADER_DIR, but maybe you have a better option for it...

I guess you need to update getandpatch.sh, too, to download 'em. As for a name, um, maybe LINUX_SANITIZED_HEADER_DIR ?

Well that appeared to be easier than expected. Dan, getandpatch.sh is amazingly easy to extend. Thank you! :)

The preliminary patch is attached. Doing a test-run now - which has already passed the headers step, so everything should be downhill from there.

I did use LINUX_SANITIZED_HEADER_DIR, and made crosstool accept either LINUX_DIR or the former. Crosstool will complain only if neither is set, will warn when both are set, and defaults to the sanitized ones in that case. The patch is open for comments, of course.

There is one non-related patch segment in all.sh:

-export PREFIX
+export PREFIX=`cd ${PREFIX};pwd`
-export SRC_DIR
-export TARBALLS_DIR
+export SRC_DIR=`cd ${SRC_DIR};pwd`
+export TARBALLS_DIR=`cd ${TARBALLS_DIR};pwd`

This fixes a problem in crosstool.sh when all.sh was started with PREFIX set to a relative path:

- all.sh starts crosstool.sh as the following:
   rm  -rf  $PREFIX
   mkdir -p $PREFIX
   mkdir -p $BUILD_DIR
   cd $BUILD_DIR
       sh $TOP_DIR/crosstool.sh
- crosstool.sh does
PREFIX=`cd $PREFIX; pwd`

Which might fail because $PREFIX is still relative to the $PWD from which all.sh was started, and not relative to $BUILD_DIR

Arno

np: Pain Of Salvation - A Trace Of Blood