Re: parse error before "__thread" compiling glibc-2.2.5 with gcc-3.3

sankalp mehrotra wrote:
Hi Dan
I saw your mail in the crossgcc forum. I am relatively a new linux user and was trying to port my source code from gcc 2.95.3 to gcc 3.3.2.

Are you building a normal Linux app for a normal Linux system? Why not just install the gcc-3.3.x package that comes with your Linux? (Which Linux, by the way?)

When I compile I get the same parse error

/usr/include/pthread.h:163: error: parse error before `__thread' ...

I tried everything from installing binutils 2.15, flex 2.5.4 and glibc 2.3.5. But since my admin has gone for a leave, and I don't have access to /usr/include, where the pthread.h and sigthread.h resides, I installed everything in my local directory. If I give the installed path of glibc of my local directory then a simple command like ls also gives errors

ls: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: version `GLIBC_2.3' not found (required by /perfuser1/home/smehrotra/linux/glibc235/lib/libc.so.6)

You can't replace glibc so casually. Use the same version of glibc as your Linux system uses.

Are you using crosstool to build your toolchain?  It's a lot
easier than doing it by hand...
http://kegel.com/crosstool
- Dan

-- Trying to get a job as a c++ developer? See http://kegel.com/academy/getting-hired.html