RE: [WAY OT]: need a windows-based PPC cross-compiler

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005, Alex Holland wrote:

> PS: The GCC cross tools build instructions from Redhat that I posted
> are about 4 years old. I have not tried them recently, but they
> should still work. However, there likely more up to date
> instructions elsewhere. I remember www.billgatliff.com as a good
> site to start learning about using GCC for cross development.

actually, i used crosstool-0.31, picked the "ppc 860" demo script, and
let it go.  a couple hours later, i had a toolchain under cygwin that
compiled my (2.4.22) kernel source tree.  haven't tested that it (the
kernel) actually works yet, but the fact that the chain built and the
kernel compiled gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling.

rday