Re: fix-embedded-path

Royce Kemp wrote:
Usage: ./fix-embedded-paths <old root> <new root> <directoryToSearch>

what's the <directoryToSearch>? Can someone elaborate on how this works?

That's where the files to modify are. (Sorry if it was named poorly.) It was done this way so you could do the fixup either before or after copying.

I'm interested in copying a toolchain, say from /opt/crosstool/$TARGET/$TOOLCOMBO to
/$HOME/myproj/toolchain. Will fix-embedded-path help me do that?

Yes.

cp -r /opt/crosstool/$TARGET/$TOOLCOMBO $HOME/myproj/toolchain
fix-embedded-path  /opt/crosstool/$TARGET/$TOOLCOMBO $HOME/myproj/toolchain $HOME/myproj/toolchain

(But you should consider generating the toolchain in
the final location in the first place; fix-embedded-paths
works for me, but it's a hack, and one person has reported
a problem with it.)