Re: configure problem in libstdc++-v3 (biarch cross gcc for x86_64)

On Thursday 26 May 2005 14:19, Kai Ruottu wrote:

Hi Kai,

thanks for the reply!

>  "Building GCC" means "Building GCC"... "GCC" is the stuff in the "gcc"
> subdirectory and building that happens with "make all-gcc".  Now you have
> already built GCC.  Installing GCC happens with "make install-gcc".

OK I realize that I can do it in smaller steps than calling just make. I tried
these two steps. "make all-gcc" and "make install-gcc" both worked.
But after calling make again I still can not get past that config problem I
described in the last mail.

> >where I get stuck is libstdc++-v3. There I get the following error:
> >
> >checking for main in -lm... configure: error: Link tests are not allowed
> > after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES.
> >make: *** [configure-target-libstdc++-v3] Error 1
>
>  So no executables can be created (yet)...
>
>  Configuring libstdc++-v3 requires this working, your GCC, binutils and
> C libraries plus startups must
> work together.  The 'libc.so' script trying to use the native libraries
> usually is the reason, but in your case
> it can be something else.

"make all-gcc" and "make install-gcc" both worked.
So what do I have to do so that make runs to completion and builds?

All the lib dir stuff you wrote is also confusing me. Can't you simply write a
bunch of "ln -s ..." lines that I would need?

Thanks in advance!

Lothar Werzinger
--
Lothar Werzinger Dipl.-Ing. Univ.