Trouble with final canadian gcc

Hi,

i tried out a lot of things last to get building gcc and tools witch will
running on my embedded powerpc machine called dreambox.

In another way i had build me a fully working crosscompiler environment on
my x86 machine in gnu-language -> --build=i686-linux-gnu and my
crosscompiler is an --host=powerpc-linux-gnu with-cpu=405
(glibc.2.3.2, gcc3.4.3, kernel 2.6.9) Now i can build my own image for my
"busy dream" an to compile tools witch will run on
--target=powerpc-tuxbox-linux-gnu. But for a lot of applications is it more
advantage compiler stuff is present on local machine, that mean i need an
compiler witch will running on my target=powerpc-tuxbox-linux-gnu
(dreambox).

Easy building by following: "Big Thanks to Boxmanboard!!!"

#create a lokal directory for your new dreambox cdk and change into this new
directory

# check out tuxbox-cvs branch "dreambox":
export CVS_RSH=ssh
cvs -d anoncvs@cvs.tuxbox.org:/cvs/tuxbox -z3 co -P -rdreambox .

# change into "cdk" directory

chmod ugo+x prepare

./prepare dm7000

make checkout

make dreamboximage_root

I thought, why should i build a complete new crosscompiler because the
topical one works very well.
So i tried out to do a canadian cross.
Lot's of attempts make me not so happy, because i find no way to get it
working correct. I had build complete binutils and a full gcc with
languages=c,c++ for my machine (target dream). I can compile now simple
programms like "Hello world" on target but executables so big like the
libc.a. I think there are a problem with the final linker.
First i started my compiling test i got error messages like cannot find
crti.o (maybe "Make lib directory in sysroot, else the ../lib64 hack used by
32 -> 64 bit" Note: host-crossgcc working correct !!!!!! ). I had put needed
files crti.o crtn.o .. from my host enviroment to my target (dream) and
after a new test compiling was stopped with error-> Cannot find -lc (maybe
"Use --with-headers, else final gcc will define disable_glibc while building
libgcc, and you'll have no profiling" Note: host-crossgcc working correct
!!!!!!). Ok now i did the same with libc.a from my host to target and
compilation was working with big..big executables. Hello World-> 21 MB.

Tools on my dream embedded in flash with size of 64 MB. Therefore is only a
small library up to 20 MB present, maybe a reason for none working final
linker, glibc for target are needed? I will place complete compilerstuff on
hdd e.g. /hdd/opt. If i compile my stuff on dream in future it will be
advantage only linking shared libs in /lib (flash). In this way compiled
tools more compatible with other images.

Many instructions i founded in www. My favorit was instruction by Dan's
crosstool, but i'm confused a little because i slowly lose the view. I know
THINK!!!, but thinking is not a knowledge.
I expect none step by step instructions, but what do i need to build the
final compiler. (note: crosscompiler enviroment are present). I need only
the last step, with Host and Target both the same architecture.
Do i need only binutils and gcc? Is it important to build a target glibc or
can i use the same libs from my Cross-Host-compiler environment on my x86
machine? i don't think so.

Thx a lot

Sorry for bad english ;)