Re: crosstool and uClibc

Once upon a time (on Monday 04 July 2005 14:53), Dan Kegel wrote :
 > Yann E. MORIN wrote:
 > > checking for library containing strerror... configure: error: Link tests
 > > are not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES.
 > > make: *** [configure-target-libiberty] Error 1
[--SNIP--]

Thanks for pointers! I learned quite a lot.

 > Whenever you run into a problem with an autoconf test,
 > have a look at the configure script and see if there's
 > an environment variable you can set to give it the
 > answer to the test so it doesn't have to run it.

Did that (but not to deep it seems), and almost got a headache trying
to understand all what was done there! ;-)

 > In this case, I looked a bit, and the magic value might be
 >   ac_cv_search_strerror="none required"
 >   export ac_cv_search_strerror
 > Good luck.  Let us know what happens.

As soon I have a workinf uClibc toolchain, I'll post a patch.

Thanks for your input!
Yann.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |   ^                |
| web: ymorin.free.fr | SETI@home 3808 | / \ HTML MAIL    |  """  conspiracy.  |