Re: crosstool and uClibc

Guys:

Dan Kegel wrote:

Yann E. MORIN wrote:

Once upon a time (on Monday 04 July 2005 14:53), Dan Kegel wrote :
> Yann E. MORIN wrote:
> > checking for library containing strerror... configure: error: Link tests
> > are not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES.
> > make: *** [configure-target-libiberty] Error 1
> In this case, I looked a bit, and the magic value might be
> ac_cv_search_strerror="none required"
> export ac_cv_search_strerror

Well, indeed that solved the problem somewhat, but the next test fails, and
the next, and so on for every function that libiberty requires. So I have to
tell libiberty that all functions it requires really do exist. I either do
that by defining every ac_cv_search_* and ac_cv_func_* before calling
configure, which is a rather painfull method and in my opinion not the
right way to do it

Nope, it's the right way to do it.  A little work with grep
and the configure.ac file should produce a full list without
much effort.  Alternately, you could run configure natively
and grab all the values that libiberty sets, and use them.

Depending on the setup of the script, you can "answer" some of the tests on the command line:

$ ac_cv_this_test_is_broken=y ac_cv_test_if_this_is_sane=n ./configure ...

b.g.

- Dan

--
Bill Gatliff
bgat@billgatliff.com

Q:      How many surrealists does it take to change a light bulb?
A:      Two, one to hold the giraffe, and the other to fill the bathtub
       with brightly colored machine tools.
       [Surrealist jokes just aren't my cup of fur.  Ed.]