Re: Crosstest cannot make check on glibc with cross-compling=no?

EJS wrote:
I've already build a cygwin to fedora toolchain using
crosstool sucessfully. (specifically using:
 eval `cat i686.dat
gcc-3.4.3-glibc-2.3.5-hdrs-2.6.11.2.dat` sh all.sh)

I've been trying to test the toolchain using crosstest
for the past week or so and I've run into an issue. It
seems that crosstool always fails when running the
command:
REMOTE_TOP=
make -n check cross-compiling=no
run-program-prefix=xyzzy > make.out

with a message: make[2]: *** No rule to make target
`/cygdrive/d/home/xzw0wf/crosstool-0.37/build/i686-unknown-linux-gnu/gcc-3.4.3-glibc-2.3.5/build-glibc/csu/tst-empty.out', needed by `tests'. Stop.

I've traced it to the fact that my system does not like cross-compling option set to no. I've removed the option and make check does complete successfully.

I'd suggest skipping the glibc tests for now, and trying just the gcc tests. In other words, edit crosstest.sh #--- glibc tests --- if true; then and change 'true' to false.

If someone could explain what setting the
cross-compiling option to no does, that could at least
help. I assume it means that I compile for the local
system rather than for a remote one. If thats the
case, why would should compiling locally fail?

I think the comment's first line says it pretty well:

# Use a crufty, execrable kludge to extract the commands needed to run glibc's tests.

It's not surprising that it broke.  I haven't tried
running the glibc tests for a year or two myself,
so maybe the kludge only works with older glibc's.

- Dan